An Introduction to Rainbows for Parents/Guardians – Supporting you to support your child/young person at a time of Bereavement or through Parental Separation/Divorce.
We are pleased to offer parents and guardians a chance to join us on zoom to learn more about Rainbows
The session aims to tell you about the Rainbows programmes, how they work and how they can support your son/daughter in advance of your son or daughter attending or perhaps they have already attended or you may be thinking about enrolling them . The session will help you make an informed decision.
Rainbows is 35 years in Ireland. We have learnt a lot from children and young people and what their concerns and worries can be. The focus of every session is on children/young people and is not on adult issues. It explores how children of different ages and stages of development can be affected by what has happened, highlighting what is normal and how attending the programme can help.
It is an informal welcoming space to listen – no pressure to speak – questions can be asked at any time.
Many parents and guardians have attended to date and have indicated how helpful it has been.
Feedback from these sessions in 2021-2022 was really positive – we hope to build on our support for parents going forward.
- It’s great for children to see that they are not alone & there are lots of other children in the same position.
- Thank you so much, incredibly valuable and supportive
- Absolutely amazing session. Empathy, professionalism from start to finish.
- I felt very alone and so drowning in it all. I’m feeling better and know I am not alone. Thank you for everything.
- Finding out that my kids behaviour is quite normal
- Being able to share and chat with parents going through the separation was v helpful also
- Ideas of what to do when kids are emotional or struggling was good to learn
We very much look forward to welcoming you on zoom.
Please boil the kettle, bring your cuppa and log in to meet Anne from Rainbows who will deliver the sessions
Dates for “Introduction for Parents/Guardians to the Rainbows Ireland Separation Programmes”
- Monday 18th September 2023 – 7.30pm – 9.15pm – Click here to book
- Monday 9th October 2023 – 7.30pm – 9.15pm – Click here to book
- Monday 23rd October 2023 – 7.30pm – 9.15pm – Click here to book
- Wednesday 8th November 2023 – 7.30pm – 9.15pm – Click here to book
- Tuesday 12th December 2023 – 7.30pm – 9.15pm – Click here to book
Dates for “Introduction for Parents/Guardians to the Rainbows Ireland Bereavement Programme”